Things I learnt at the 24 hours of Wiesenhof mountain bike race
- Spiders do not make good shower buddies.
- Track marshalls who don’t warn you that they’re sitting on the edge of a rock filled canyon are bastards.
- My fitness is non-existent.
- 38 degree heat and a maxed out heart rate make me dizzy to the point of chundering on uphills.
- You can judge how technical a track is by the number of people limping around with bandages dripping blood. (glad to say I didn’t fall, even though I flew downhill)
- Riding at night is fooking brilliant, even when you can’t see anything outside the 60cm diameter circle of light in front of you.
- I love single track, I hate uphills, and dust is kindof tasty after the fifth mouthful.
- Camping out with good mates, beers, and some crazy adrenalin sport thrown in for good measure is awesome!
Hope everyone had an epic weekend!
p.s. Thanks to Dirtopia for organising a great event.