On our deathbeds, will we regret the time we spent playing games?
Hospice workers have released a report on the most frequently expressed regrets on actual deathbeds.
- I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.
- I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
- I wish I had let myself be happier.
- I wish I’d had the courage to express my true self.
- I wish I had lived a life true to my dreams, instead of what others expected of me.
Jane McGonigal can’t help but note that games let us fulfill all five of these. Watch her TED talk: